Thursday, February 28, 2013

Two Months

I can't believe I have almost been here for two months. THAT'S CRAZY. It doesn't feel like it's been that long AT ALL. I am over half way done with my classes and internship! It's weird. All of my friends are going on spring break in a week and a half and I'm only just now planning my TWO MONTH spring break! Hehe I'd take that any day. Amanda and I are really hoping to go to Ibiza, Barcelona, Nice, and Cannes, and then hopefully I will go to Paris or Rome or somewhere else on my own or with other friends while Amanda goes to her cousin's wedding! I just had my first grade today, it was a simulation on the situation in Syria. Each group was assigned a country apart of the EU, or the EU Parliament, or the European Council, and we had to have a debate on the situation as if we really were from the country given to us. I was Ireland. Ireland is a small country, so it was more difficult to find information on it than other countries such as Germany or France. I was given the task of delivering our 5 minute opening statement, and we were lucky enough to go first! It was so nerve-wracking, but I think I did alright under the circumstances...which were: I gave my group 4 days of the week I could meet because on the others I work all day or have school and work all day, and of course they chose to meet on 2 of the 3 days I couldn't, and since I wasn't at these meetings they elected me designated speaker, how kind and thoughtful of them. AND THEN didn't email me the paper from which I had to create my speech from until THREE AM the night before. So I didn't get to even look at it until I woke up for class that morning. Good thing I'm good at cramming and took a speech class last semester and was able to throw something together, lucky for me and my awesome group. If I'm being honest, out of the 10 groups I think my speech was second or third best, I'm hoping my teacher thought so as well.

Last night all of my coworkers invited me and the other intern, Brittney, to go out for drinks with them. It was kind of intimidating since I had never done something like this before because obviously it isn't legal for me to drink in the states yet. But it ended up being a really fun night, we were there for nearly four hours and it hadn't felt that long at all. Brittney and I mostly talked to Beach and Luke, they are really funny, especially Luke. We talked about everything from politics (in the UK and in America) to football (American football and soccer). I really don't know why we call it soccer anyways, it doesn't even make sense. It was really cool though because Luke knew a lot about American football so that was a lot of fun. And one of my coworkers, Reda, used to be a chef, like a top of the line chef, and he is going to make Brittney and I and Italian dish for lunch next week! I am soooo excited. I mean I like to think I can cook pretty well, but I can't even imagine a meal cooked by a former professional chef. The best cook I know is my Nana, and he will probably be a great cook, but I'm not sure he can beat Nana's chili. Mmm mmm.

Last weekend Amanda and I were going to go to the Barbican to see the rain room there, which is this room where it's raining in the entire thing, except where you are standing. We thought it'd be pretty cool to see, and we also have to go see a piece of art on our own for a class I'm in, but when we got there the "queue" (the line) was SEVEN HOURS LONG. Yeah not wasting my Saturday standing in a line to see rain when it rains here almost everyday. PASS. So we got back on the tube and went to the Starbucks on Oxford Street. We like to go to Starbucks to use their free wifi. I was on twitter just reading some tweets, you know the usual, and I saw this tweet saying last minute tickets had been added for the One Direction concert in London that night and for the next day (One Direction's Take Me Home tour had just started that afternoon). I thought I'd look to see how bad and expensive the tickets were going to be, but to my surprise I found 2 floor tickets for $60 EACH. Now for a One Direction concert, that is DIRT CHEAP. So I freaked out and told Amanda what had just happened and she told me to buy them, so I did. It was almost unreal really. After that we immediately left and went back to our rooms to get ready since the concert started in 4 hours! It was so much fun, partly because it was just really spontaneous, but the concert itself was a blast. I went to their first tour last summer and this one was so much fun as well. They had all new songs and it was just great. I still can't believe it happened. And after the concert we ran into two girls that go to school with us here who also happened to have gone to the concert and they told us that they had their tickets for a year, they were behind our seats, and they cost $200 each. So Amanda and I were pretty lucky to say the least.

Soo that's the only exciting stuff that has happened really since I last posted! I hope you are all doing well and I miss everyoneeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment