Saturday, January 5, 2013

First Few Days

The plane ride was pretty long. The first few hours went by so slow, but then then last half went by pretty fast. I couldn't sleep very well though which was a bummer. When I arrived it was about 11:30am in London. Getting through immigration was a breeze, but getting my bags was another story. I had 3 bags: my huge 60lb checked bag, my red carry-on (that I later had to check), and my huge "purse". It was a but of a struggle getting them on the express and then into the cab, but I managed. I have bruises on my hands from pulling them around though haha. I checked into the hotel and of course Amanda and I had been put into the same room even though we said it was fine if we were separated and thenl it was already time to go to lunch and then the phone store. We went to a place called the Gourmet Burger Kitchen, I didn't get anything though because I wasn't hungry. After that we went to the phone store and I got a dinky little samsung phone for £4 and a pay as you go plan for £10 a month, which isn't that bad. We then went back to the hotel and I took a 30 minute nap. Fastest thirty minutes of my life. I swear as soon as I closed my eyes Amanda was already waking me up. We went to see Big Ben and went on the London Eye that night. Pictures of Big Ben really don't do it justice. It is so beautiful, especially at night when it's all lit up. The London Eye was a lot of fun too, it was cool to see the city from so high up. After that we ate at this cool place called Waggamama. It's like an Asian noodle place I guess, I just had plain noodles and edamame. After that I was so tired. Most people went to the pub around the corner from our hotel but Amanda, Alex, and I went back to the hotel and went to bed. I was out cold by 10, but then I woke up from 4am-6am which wasn't fun. The next day we went to the tower of London. That place is HUGE. From the outside it doesn't look that big, but there are so many rooms in each little tower, it's ridiculous. It was really cool there, lots of history. My favorite part was seeing all the crown jewels though. So many diamonds and huge gems. I want to be Queen. Anyways, after that we all went back to the hotel for a nice nap. That night we ate at Pizza Express, which was really good, but it was A LOT of food, I couldn't finish it all. After dinner a bunch of us went to a bar called the Metropolitan, which sucked. No one under the age of 40 was there. We literally walked in and walked out. We tried to find other bars around the area, but we had no luck. So we ended up at the Globe (the bar right next to our hotel) and stayed until it closed...at midnight...lame. We weren't ready to go home yet so we went to explore a little bit. Most fun night of my life. I didn't stop laughing the whole time. We just walked around London and talked and laughed it was a blast. We stayed out until about 1:30 and then headed back to the hotel. 

Today was move-in day. It was super stressful. The line to check in was long, Amanda's key didn't work. We had to take 2 trips from the hotel to the dorm. It was just a lot. But I am all checked in. I haven't unpacked though, but I'll get to that later. 


Soooo that's all for now! Byeee

1 comment: