Tuesday, January 15, 2013

First Week of Class and Internship

Sorry I haven't posted in over a week!! I've been so busy!! So much to do so much to see...you know how it is. Anyways, on Saturday Amanda and I went to the Victoria and Albert Museum. It was AMAZING. There was so much to see there, and all of it was truly breathtaking. My favorite parts were the jewelry and fashion exhibits, but not for the reasons you think...well maybe it is for the jewelry. There were so many beautiful rings and necklaces, but my favorite were the tiaras (shocking I know). All of the jewelry was just so intricate and very thought-out and well designed. But what I really loved was the fashion exhibit. There were clothes from the late 1800s-1970s. I really liked the dresses from the late 1800s and early 1900s. I wish people still dressed like that today. The clothes back then were so intricate and delicate. They were so beautiful. There was one dress that was next to a man's coat and it reminded me of the scene from Pride and Prejudice where Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth meet at the ball. The clothes were so sophisticated and I just really want a pretty dress like that. I really wish I could have taken pictures so you all could see as well. There were also a lot of ballerina tutus/costumes, like the kind you would see in Swan Lake or the Nutcracker that were gorgeous as well. Amanda and I decided that we wish everyone wore ballerina tuts by day and ball gowns from the 1800s by night. Everyone would look so pretty all the time. Another part of the museum that was my favorite was this room:

 It was amazing. The design on the walls was so beautiful and I decided that I am having a room like this in my future home. I don't know why we don't make things like this room or the dresses anymore. It seems like not as much thought goes into these things these days.

Anyways, this week I started my internship and my classes. Internship day one was a little slow, but today was a lot better. They actually had things for me to do and I'm sure as it goes on it will get even better! Yesterday was just introductions to everyone who works there and learning about what they do at the company so not terribly exciting. Today, however, I got to type up a newsletter that is being sent out about one of their Management Fairs, and my boss let me put "my own spin" on it which was nice. So hopefully tomorrow I will get to do even more! Woo!

I just came back from my first class, which is the class that goes along with our internship. It's just syllabus week so we didn't do much in lecture, but in seminar we took a survey to find out what kind of learner we are. I am a pragmatist. Who knew? It was pretty accurate I guess. Next week we already have to give a mini presentation. Good thing our seminar class is really small, so hopefully I don't choke...I should really work on my public speaking. Our presentation has to be on our career aspirations though...I have NO IDEA what I'm going to say since I haven't a clue what I want to do after I graduate. So we will see what I come up with!

Well I have to head to my second class of the day, Principles of Marketing. I'll let y'all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment